The cassette performs two functions:
- It can be inserted into a subrack just like a PCB
- it can accommodate plug-in boards.
It consists of a single-part profile side wall arranged on the left a protective hood with an integrated rear wall is attached to it in which is insert a 4 TE outbreak for mounting a male connector in type B, C, D, F acc. to IEC 60 603-2
- The side edges of the front panel are slitted to insert RFI gaskets which harmonically blend into the front panel grid and which require no additional space.
- The cassettes fits into all IEC 60 297 subracks.
- The cassette is fitted in the subrack by using PCB guide mounts.
- For the right side of the cassette the guide mount is installed rotated by 180°.
- Suitable for accommodating Euroboards (3U, 6U) in accordance with IEC 60 297.
- The side walls and depth profiles have guide channels for insertion of 3U or 6U boards; only installation at the left is standardized.
- Further guide holders for accommodating internal cards can be latched into the roof and floor panels.
- When used in a subrack the distance between the cassette and the PCB to the right of it is 2.47 mm.
Three different rear panels are available:
- Cassette „RG“ (rear panel closed): This cassette is particularly suitable for any installation.
- Cassette „RT“ (rear panel with partial aperture): The rear panel has a 4HP aperture for installation of a connector.
- Cassette „RV“ (rear panel with full aperture): The rear panel has an aperture across its full width and is perforated for installation of connectors..
The design of the cassette is based on the following grid:
- Horizontal pitch 5,08 mm
- Heitht pitch 44,45 mm
- Depth pitch 10,00 mm
Scope of delivery:
1 extruded side wall
1 cover hood
1 front panel with slits in the side edges to include RFI gaskets
1 aluminium ident-plate
The cassette is delivered unassembled as individual parts or as a kit.